I often get asked how it was that I came to do counselling Luton – Psychotherapy Dunstable. As with many counsellors, its a question easily answered. Ever since 1990, as a lost teenager, I have been fascinated in human behaviour and how we become the people we become. For many years, I often pondered the age old debate of nature vs nurture and wondered what affect and effect, they have on us as children, developing adults and on into old age. Bookshelves are full with offerings of the ‘Secret’ to long, meaningful and happy life, but how can they all vary so much, yet offer the definitive answer?
My counselling practice in Luton and Dunstable works upon the fundamental that, human beings are individual; there is no one size fits all! Counselling is a transformative process, a little like alchemy in that within the counselling relationship we become able to transform that aspects which block us (our sadness and difficulties) in to precious assets which add richness and value to our lives.
My passion has lead me to study the subject far and wide and includes emphasis on::
- Behavioural Psychology
- Cognitive Sciences
- Humanistic Theories
- Relationships & Attachments
- Child Development
- Self Actualisation
The list could go on and on!
With a life long interest in human sciences and my own personal development, it became an effortless decision to spend my days practicing counselling Luton and Psychotherapy Dunstable. I am currently conveniently situated opposite the Luton and Dunstable hospital, though I do also offer counselling in Luton town centre.
In order to be true to my belief that everyone is individual, I often have an initial telephone conversation, followed by a face to face assessment session before entering into any agreement. This gives us a little time to get to know one another and ensure that we feel comfortable to move on.
My Counselling Experience:
- 2005 – 2007: Cert HE Cognitive Behavioural Therapy -Sheffield Hallam University
- 2007 – 2008: Group Counsellor Luton – Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- 2008 – 2013: One to One Counselling Luton – Support for Families and Partners
- 2010 – 2011: Joined BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists) as a Student Member
- 2011 – 2012: Diploma in Integrative Counselling – CPPD London
- 2011 – 2013: One to One Counsellor Luton & Dunstable
- 2012 – 2013: Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychodynamic Counselling – CPPD London
- 2014- Now: Level 7 Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Counselling – Ongoing
Sessions currently cost £40 per 50 minute session for individuals and £50 per 50 minute session for couples.